1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil/coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red onion, finely chopped
500g organic beef mince
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 courgette, finely diced
150g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
700ml canned, diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp thyme
½ head cauliflower, cut into florets, steamed
60ml milk of choice (plant-based)
Salt & pepper
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven grill to medium-high. Lightly grease a baking dish (capacity about 1.5L)
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onions & garlic for 5 minutes until softened. Add the mince & cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the carrots, courgettes, beans & broccoli to the pan, and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Add the tomato & thyme, stir and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season and spoon the mince mixture into a baking dish.
- Place the cauliflower and milk of choice into a large bowel & roughly mash. Season & spoon over mince. Lightly spray with olive oil.
- Grill for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Source: JS Sepel, Healthy Life, Pg. 194