Make your own Sugar-free, high protein chocolate crunchie bar as recommended by Wellness Consulting Dietician, Judith Johnson. It’s a smart snack to use when you need a sustaining energy boost.
20 dried dates
3 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
½ cup raw nuts, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup almond flour
¼ cup goji berries/cranberries
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp flaxseeds + 1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 egg whites – beaten
Optional: Melt dark chocolate and pour over the top
- Pit the dates and soak in warm water
- Blend dates into a jam – add water to reach a pouring consistency.
- Add melted coconut oil to the date paste.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the coconut oil, dates and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and press mixture firmly into pan with a wooden spoon, ensuring all sides are even.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with melted chocolate over the top and refrigerate.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.