Serves 4 to 6
2 cups baby spinach, washed
2 red peppers, deseeded
1 large carrot, peeled
3 baby marrows
1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon cashew nuts, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
¼ onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the spinach leaves and spin in salad spinner, then set aside.
- Slice the red peppers into strips and roast in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a peeler to shave the carrot into long, thin strips.
- Set aside.
- Wash the baby marrows, cut off the tops and grate.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the salad, place the spinach, cabbage and grated baby marrow in a large bowl, dress with the carrot dressing and toss well until evenly coated.
- Add the roasted peppers, carrot shavings, lemon juice and sesame seeds.
- Place the salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the chopped cashew nuts.
Source: GTP, Pg. 118