YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large leek, sliced (white and light green parts only)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1 large carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 cups broccoli, chopped
2 cups kale, chopped (leafy and tend stalks only)
1 cup baby spinach
4 cups vegetable broth
1-1/2 cups good quality water
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice (more if desired)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the leek, onion, garlic, carrot and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the broccoli, spinach and kale. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with a stick blender or blend in batches in a stand blender.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and Image Source: https://www.theharvestkitchen.com/immune-boosting-broccoli-soup/