(adapted from mindbodygreen)
Looking for a nourishing Hot Toddy this winter? Here is the perfect anti inflammatory hot or cold drink. Try it to give you a lift when you are feeling a cold coming on. Add a dose of Echinacea drops to help.
Perfect for the autumn time of year
Serves 1 (or more, if you’re feeling generous)
- 1/4 cup of almonds (preferably soaked overnight), or cashews/ hazelnuts
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup of filtered water or hot Rooibos tea
- 2Medjool dates soaked in water
- 2 teaspoons of Mesquite powder
- 1/2 each teaspoon of turmeric powder; cinnamon; ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cloves
- *Optional: 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for extra creaminess
… a state of bliss.