Bake these gluten free anti-oxidant power-house muffins for the perfect food on-the-go or to enjoy with your coffee first thing in the morning.
2 ¼ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup milk or milk alternative
½ tsp baking soda
1 small apple grated
½ cup blueberries (frozen will work but ensure they are defrosted and all excess liquid has drained)
½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon mix
Preheat oven to 190°C, and line a muffin pan. Makes about 9 muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together honey, oil, milk, egg, and baking soda.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Add the grated apples and walnuts in and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the muffin cup almost to the top.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix on top, and bake for 15-18 minutes until muffins are browned and the dough has set.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and cool completely.