1 head broccoli
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoons cumin
¼ teaspoons coriander
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 green bell pepper, seeded, cored and chopped
2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
100g sugar snap peas or green beans
Can add protein (chicken, legumes) – 2x chicken breasts/1 cup lentils
- Remove the florets from the broccoli steams and roughly chop the florets.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat; add coconut oil, garlic and spices.
- Add coconut milk and stir until spices are well-blended.
- Add the bell pepper.
- Cover the mixture with the lid and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and leave to cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the peas, sugar snap peas or green beans, and cover with sauce pan.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes until the bell pepper is tender.
- Crumble the broccoli florets over the curry before serving. Add fresh coriander leaves.