Makes 300 ml
Greens from 4-5 beetroots
1x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2T caraway seeds, lightly crushed
4-5 beetroots, roasted in olive oil in oven and cubed
3 cups white quinoa, cooked
100g arugula, washed and dried, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Blanch beetroot greens in a large pot of salted water until wilted, 1-2 minutes; refresh in cold water, squeeze, dry and chop.
- Combine chickpeas, 1T olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper, Place the chickpeas on a baking tray in the oven and roast for a couple minutes until they become crunchy. Allow them to cool slightly.
- Heat 1T olive oil in a large pan, add garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Add caraway seeds, beet greens, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beets and cooked quinoa. Toss together until ingredients are well combined and the quinoa turns pink from the colour of beetroot.
- Transfer to plate or bowel, top with roasted chickpeas, and some arugula for garnish. Add additional greens (e.g. baby spinach) at base of dish to increase green intake for the day.